By Esezobor Felix Ohimai, Benin
CSP Andrew Inedegbor is an Edo born supercop who rose to the rank of CHIEF SUPERINTENDENT OF POLICE. Enlisted into The Nigeria Police Force January 1986.
Between Constable and Sergeant he served in Lagos, Katsina and Abuja before proceeding to Staff college Jos, for officers course.
He is a Christian, father, husband and a deacon of City Of Conquerers Ministry Benin City.
He served the Nigeria Police Force in different capacity meritoriously.
- P&G Sagbama Bayelsa State.
- He was DCO 2 Challenge Ibadan, Oyo State,
- DTO Moniya/Jobele Oyo State,
- Admin Officer CTU Base 5 Warri,
- Admin Officer Base 6 Damaturu Yobe, where he miraculously escaped a bomb blast on his official quarter and another Boko Harram ugly incident when Police alone lost 150 men Then ASP Andrew Inedegbor went for the operation with 11 men and came back with 11 men, glory to God.
- 2i/c CTU Base 3 P/H & CTU Base 17 Lokoja.
- In November 2015 he demobed from CTU and served as DCO Oba market Benin.
- In May 2016 he was seconded as Individual Police Officer (IPO) to Darfur Sudan. Contrary to UN rules requiring an IPO to spend 3 months in mission area before appointment, IPO Andrew Was a month and two weeks in mission area when he was appointed Operations Officer and moved from Nertiti TS to Mukjar TS and later Commmander Mukjar TS with Ethiopian Battalion of 430 soldiers, 68 IPOs and 250 civilians component under his command. Together with his IPOs they built 2 classroom blocks where they taught the locals basic knowledge, built 2 craft center where local women were taught the art of craft making with one of the craft center named after him till date and assisted with Egyptian donors to build a mosque for the war torn community.
He has MLS in (International law & Diplomacy ) BA English, Diploma Estate Management, Peace and security and higher Diploma peace and security studies. He attended numerous courses and seminars both home and abroad. He has awards and laurels to his name in Nigeria and other West African Countries.
In year 2020 as CSPA Zone 5 Benin he was posted back to Delta State Police Command as DPO ‘B’ Divisional Police Headquarters Avenue Warri.
In this capacity he served his country diligently, his office doors was always open to everyone no matter your class. He continued the project of the past DPO’s of the station, he renovated some sections of the station.
He was also elevated to the rank of a federal chief. Chief Supritendent Of Police(CSP). in B Division Warri.
He is known by many as Daddy I call him my Deacon. CSP ANDREW INEDEGBOR came to B Division with a declaration that in his time as DPO he will not bury any serving member of the division and no one died in his time.
As DPO a lot of personnel in the Division got married, Promotion rained like never before it was celebrations after celebrations,
In his quest for free crime environment he formed a special squad known as Strike Force Team today in Warri axis, the team is popularly known for their rigorous fight against crime.
Thereafter some persons who hated his true kind of person planed against him and he was transferred again to the north, this time Kebbi State. few months to his retirement from service.
He was later transferred back to Delta State as call Galilee Divisional Headquarters where he completed his 35years of service to humanity.
all eyes have seen, ears have heard the kind life of a good man .
The people rejoice when the righteous is on the throne, you may be retired but not tired.