Sentiment apart, the salary of a least police Constable is N46,808.56
our policemen are going through hell. Have you seen their Barrack? It looks like a poultry farm, they pay for almost everything up to their uniforms, they don’t get transfer/relocation allowances to help them secure new apartments.
Have you ever called a policeman to report a robbery and you are told no fuel? That’s the truth, the government does not make provision for fuel, no filling station for the police to drive in and get a full tank for free.
Being a police is one of the most embarrassing job, imaging going to make an arrest with a commercial bus, someone must pay the bus driver.
Bail is free but policeman need money to maintain their station, buy candles at night due to lack of constant power supply.
Their kids go to school, that alone sucks their salaries, they need to feed too. If the government sets things right, the good ones will overshadow the bad unlike what we have today.
A POLICEMAN DILEMMA
POLICE MONITORING UNIT
If things are done as it suppose to be
MUST WE MONITOR or HUNT OURSELVES?
- Police salary is very poor thereby given criminal opportunity to entice officers with money. And we want corrupt free officers.
- When you visit most of the police Division, apart from arms and ammunitions which may be intact, it is very rear to see good chairs, table fan etc, at the Charge Room.
3.The Admin office is nothing to write about. No Sets of functioning computer and other vital stationeries, rats and cockroaches find their houses in personnel files.
Yet, they are looking up for prompt and active administration
- No serviceable power generator for the Division.
5.The DPO source for money to furnish his/her office from anywhere, yet they are looking for justice.
- An injured Policeman in the cause of his duty is abandoned to carry his cross.
Yet, they are looking for commitment from others.
- Policemen take out of their meager salary to buy kits for themselves and we have kit stores.
- The patrol vans were either donated by state govt, companies or individuals and the fueling and maintenance is the responsibility of the P&G and his team, yet they are shouting extortion and looking up for Quick Response Unit.
- The DCO and his/her IPOs manages themselves at the DCB, no provision for writing materials.
Case Files, Statement forms, Bail Bonds, and other stationeries are bought by IPOs.
Yet, they keep on shouting Bail is free.
- Transfer everyday!
Officers and men are been transferred either intra or inter state. The police authority don’t care where the transferee will put his/her head before settling down in the new place. Yet, they are shouting ineffectiveness.
11.Posting of personnel is mostly by lobbying and not on merit or experience.
Yet they are shouting non professionalism.
- Raw civilians were recruited and given special promotion ahead of experienced in-service men.
Yet, they are shouting indiscipline and deterioration.
- Officers and men were living in leaking and dilapidated barracks while their mates in other organisations build their own houses.
No sound education, no balanced diet for their children, and lots more….
Who is now hunting who???
Are the Monitoring Unit not part of this same organisation?
If what suppose to be done was neglected, Monitoring Unit is just a licensed Corruption Unit.